By: We All Count
Event Date: 12/01/20
Event Time: 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
Visit event website »
Few people intentionally use data to make racist, or sexist, or unethical decisions. However, it’s very easy to do so accidentally. This has serious consequences for communities, policies, individuals, and organizations. From regular citizens, to decision makers, to CEOs, to tech workers, everyone needs a toolkit for embedding equity and ethics into their data products. Join We All Count on December 1st and 3rd for a live, interactive online workshop.
The price for this workshop and the 46 lessons that come with it is $475.
- Hands-on practice with real-world case studies and checklists that can transform your work tomorrow and in ten years.
- A toolkit of stories, checklists, and examples you can use to engage your team.
- An opportunity to meet other people with similar aims, motivations, challenges, and stories.
By the end of the day you will be able to:
- Use the We All Count seven-step data equity framework to surface bias, racism, homophobia, sexism, and more in your data products.
- Use the We All Count checklists to correct these issues and biases
- Take practical steps to embed equity into your data products
- Facilitate a conversation between your data team and your non-technical stakeholders about what it means to embed equity in your data products
- Build a list of immediate actions you can take tomorrow as well as a long term plan for you and your team.
If you make decisions based on data, work with stakeholders who make decisions based on data, build models with data, craft policies with data, or conduct evaluation with data, this workshop is for you.
No technical data skills are necessary. Being curious and brave is an asset.