Job Application Due Date: 05/31/21
Hiring Company/Organization: Southern Poverty Law Center
About Southern Poverty Law Center
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is a catalyst for racial justice in the South and beyond, working in partnership with communities to dismantle white supremacy, strengthen intersectional movements, and advance the human rights of all people. SPLC monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the United States and expose their activities to the public, the media, and law enforcement. They also work with educators, schools, students, and communities to provide resources to supplement curriculum to create inclusive school communities. Through all of their work, SPLC seeks justice for the most vulnerable people in society.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is looking for an evaluator with a culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE) approach, as well as an experienced professional with exceptional interpersonal skills to help develop and implement an approach to monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) that drives stronger impact on organizational priorities. The Director of Learning and Evaluation will be a thought partner for staff and will cultivate staff capacity for effective project planning, monitoring, and evaluation. The person will be a key contributor in building an organizational culture that utilizes data, learning, and innovation to help deliver meaningful outcomes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assess the Center’s capacity and needs in the area of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), and work with the Chief Program Strategy Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, and other key stakeholders to develop a MEL strategy and framework that advances SPLC’s impact.
- Build the commitment and capacity of staff to design plans that are aligned with SPLC’s strategic objectives and are informed by evidence about actions with greatest potential to achieve positive change.
- Lead the design and implementation of systems that advance assessment of project impact.
- Support the Innovation Lab on running and evaluating tests and other new initiatives
- Partner with JEDI, HR, and Chief of Staff on reporting efforts.
- Support organization-wide learning by regularly sharing data-driven insights and partnering with SMEs on translating them into new practices.
- Design and conduct internal evaluations of SPLC projects, and oversee evaluations conducted by external researchers, partners, or consultants.
- Monitor MEL advancements in the NGO sector so that SPLC’s performance systems benefit from proven best practices.
- Manage other projects that are assigned, as needed.