Job Application Due Date: 01/23/21
Hiring Company/Organization: Visible Network Labs
About Visible Network Labs (VNL)
Visible Network Labs (VNL) is a social enterprise whose mission is to facilitate a supportive network of people, organizations, and communities who believe in the value of working together to promote social connectedness. They provide training, opportunities for collaborative innovation, and technology-based tools that help people leverage network science to strengthen supportive connections and improve the outcomes of their work. VNL is working with national and international partners to build a movement for network leadership with the ultimate goal of improving social connectedness as it relates to health, mental health, and wellness outcomes. With a long history of working in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, and over 20 years of doing network and systems evaluation work, Visible Network Labs has a social mission and commits to taking a community-based participatory approach in developing research and evaluation projects and reaching feasible and impactful solutions.
The Research and Evaluation Manager will join the fast-growing Data Science Team at Visible Network Labs and will work on client-based projects covering research, evaluation, and quality improvement in the field of network science. The Research and Evaluation Manager is responsible for supporting and managing projects, both external client projects and internal data science quality improvement projects. Duties involve approximately 50% project management and client communication and 50% data collection, analysis, and report writing. The Research and Evaluation Manager will use mixed methods, including quantitative, qualitative, and social network analysis to conduct projects that span evaluation, research, quality improvement, and data science activities. The Research and Evaluation Manager will build relationships and work closely with external clients to understand their project needs; collect, clean, and analyze data; manage administrative tasks and timelines, and assist in the effective completion of presentations and reports.
- Support the Data Science Team with project management to include client communications, establishing and executing timelines, scoping project needs, and meeting project deliverables
- Collect qualitative, quantitative, and social network data, primarily through survey instruments and interviews
- Clean, manage, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, with a primary focus on social network analysis data
- Interpret, present, and write up results of data collection, delivering actionable insights for client quality improvement activities
- Actively contribute to internal quality improvement of our network science software and services, managing and assisting with the development and QA testing of new software features and the client services relating to them
- Work collaboratively with a small team of data analysts, scientists, software engineers, product managers, and UX/UI experts
- Experience collecting, managing, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong writing ability and attention to detail
- Comfort and experience working with/providing consulting services for external clients
- Interest in and affinity for working in a small, fast-paced start-up technology company with a highly collaborative culture
- Demonstrated ability to pivot quickly in direction and cheerfully manage many tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience with network science and social network analysis methods
- Program evaluation experience
- Data visualization expertise
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, one example of a written project report or other publication for which you were the lead (or at least a contributor as part of a team), and contact information for 3 references to Amanda Beacom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials must be submitted via email by January 23, 2021.