Job Application Due Date: 02/27/21
Hiring Company/Organization: Informing Change
About Informing Change
Informing Change, co-directed by Advancing Culturally-responsive and Equitable (ACE) Evaluation Network Member Michael Arnold, PhD, MPH, MSW, is a strategic learning firm of 14 people united by the core belief that making meaning out of good data generates knowledge that can be used to accelerate progress toward equity. Informing Change combines the power of data with deliberate, inclusive meaning-making processes. They are guided by their values of intelligence, integrity, compassion, and the pursuit of social justice. The team at Informing Change partners with clients—nonprofits and the philanthropic organizations that fund them—to develop their strategy and understand their impact. Whether they are conducting an evaluation, building organizational capacity, or researching a field, they work to share knowledge with organizations so that they can make informed decisions about the ways they support and lift up their communities.
Informing Change does not merely accept or ‘tolerate’ difference—the quality, creativity, and integrity of their work depends upon it. They are committed to hiring people of color to reflect the communities we serve and value staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who support an environment of belonging. As a company, Informing Change acts in service of racial and intersectional equity acknowledging that they will always have more to learn.
The Senior Associate will serve as an evaluator, lead analyst, strategic learning partner, and project manager. This involves close collaboration with project team members to support and meet the evaluation and learning needs of clients at every phase of an engagement, from developing theories of change and evaluation plans to qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and reporting, to helping organizations build a culture of ongoing learning and continuous improvement. The Senior Associate must ensure that quality, integrity, and open communication are maintained so that their clients come away with a strengthened capacity for learning, enhanced strategies for serving their constituencies, and greater ability to share their stories of contribution and impact.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and aligned with similar consulting firms in the social sector.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits; voluntary 401(k) plan
As a Strategic Thinker:
- Draw on a deep well of content knowledge (e.g., in the areas of education, youth engagement, health, philanthropy, or leadership development) to explore the social sector’s most pressing question: Is what we are doing making a positive difference?
- Engage in rigorous, empathic, and critical thinking
- Partner with organizations to improve their equity performance
- Provide facilitation and guidance for organizations
- Write reports and findings with intention and clarity, and conceptualize visuals to tell the story behind the data
As a Business Developer:
- Listen well, ask good questions, and consider things from others’ perspectives in order to understand what will be most understandable and persuasive
- Present to clients and groups with comfort and ease
- Contribute expertise to designing new client projects and writing proposals
- Nurture client relationships and spark new ones
- Incorporate personal vision for the work the candidate wants to do into the context of Informing Change’s broader goals and aspirations
As a Team Leader:
- Recognize team members’ strengths and their opportunities for growth; the ideal candidate will set them up for success and understand how to bring out their best
- Manage up, down, and across team roles—this role supports and reports to the company’s co-directors
- Contribute ideas and energy to the company as they evolve to meet the future needs of the field
- At least seven years of professional experience managing and conducting organizational development and/or strategic consulting projects, preferably for philanthropy, nonprofits, or a similar consulting firm
- Advanced degree or relevant experience in education, public policy, public administration, public health, sociology, anthropology, or a related discipline
- Experience using information for purposes of problem-solving and decision-making, preferably in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors
- Experience with one or more of the following: coaching, community engagement, participatory research, or facilitation
- Experience supervising staff and leading teams
- Ability to travel locally and nationally
- Fluent Spanish speaker in written and verbal communication
- A deep connection to local or regional communities of color
- Native Spanish speaker
- Experience in designing research projects, and collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in evaluation and applied research projects
- Experience in project management
How To Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter through Informing Change’s website or by clicking the button below.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.