Job Application Due Date: 12/31/20
Hiring Company/Organization: ResultsLab
ResultsLab helps nonprofits, communities, philanthropy, public agencies, and social ventures to use data to accelerate positive change. They uniquely equip their clients with the data mindset, skillset, and toolset necessary to be more impactful in the important work they do. ResultsLab engages in a variety of projects from training and technical assistance with cohorts of service providers, to one-on-one work with individual organizations, to direct evaluation services, all with the greater goal to improve program rigor, align measurement strategies to organizational/community needs, and increase capacity to use data for improvement.
ResultsLab is a Denver-based consulting firm, offering flexibility with remote work options. ResultsLab cultivates an inclusive, flexible, and innovative work environment finding new solutions for impact in the social sector and focusing on excellence for those they serve.
The Senior Consultant role is instrumental in shaping and driving ResultsLab’s work forward. Within this position the Consultant will lead a variety of direct consulting projects with philanthropy, working directly with teachers, principals, and caregivers. On a daily basis, they will find themselves engaging in a variety of efforts from designing and leading insight studies, facilitating strategic design or data use dialogues, and leading and collaborating with ResultsLab team members, client partners, and education practitioners.
The ideal candidate will increase ResultsLab ability to connect with and develop strong working relationships with the diverse communities served by their client organizations. They actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from, or who have worked closely with, historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, first or second-generation immigrants, and all socioeconomic backgrounds.
Evaluation Services – The Consultant will design and execute evaluation strategies that answer clients’ key learning questions, leading and/or supporting a team across all aspects of evaluation design, data collection, analysis, communication, and use process. The Consultant will:
- Work with clients to set evaluation goals and clear and compelling evaluation/learning questions
- Design evaluations, ensuring appropriate methodology that aligns with goals and context of the study and study participants
- Oversee data management and data analysis to ensure overall data integrity and to identify insights from the data
- Develop clear and compelling data communication products that fit the needs of the intended audience, ranging from full reports to short summaries, to visual presentations, to infographics, and beyond.
- Facilitate data use processes to bring the data to life and lead the client (or intended audience) to identify actions to take action based on the data
Growing ResultsLab’s Footprint – ResultsLab is continually looking for opportunities to strengthen their internal practices and to grow and scale the impact of their work across the social sector. The Consultant will be critical to making this happen as they:
- Strategize with the ResultsLab team on new product lines and services
- Evaluate projects and initiatives and set plans for improvement
- Lead efforts that strengthen organizational practices/processes, including a priority focus on Diversity/Equity/Inclusion
- Provide thought leadership through blogs, conferences, short trainings, and other vehicles to reach current and future clients
- Support proposal development for new work, creating proposals, work plans, scopes, and budgets
- Utilize current networks to engage future clients, actively monitoring and creating new business opportunities
- Master’s degree in social science or related field
- At least 8 years experience in training and technical assistance, evaluation and/or performance management
- At least 2 years of experience serving as a project lead on evaluations or evaluation capacity-building efforts
- Advanced knowledge in evaluation methods, including process, outcome, and developmental evaluations
- Experience as an educator (teacher, administrator), in education research/evaluation, or education policy/programming
- Strong cultural competency and understanding of how to integrate equity into education and evaluation practices
- Ability to think critically when solving problems and making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate complex topics into easier to understand language
- Ability to compile data in a clear, concisely written, and/or visual format
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate solutions, and gain support from stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible to shifting contexts and realities
- Strong customer service, client management, and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to and experience using one or more data management systems, such as Salesforce, ETO, Apricot, mySQL, or others and a willingness to learn additional systems
- Consulting experience
- Spanish language proficiency
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, send a resume and cover letter resumes@ResultsLab.org.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.