Job Application Due Date: 01/31/21
Hiring Company/Organization: Jefferson Solutions
About Jefferson Solutions
Jefferson Solutions, a Jefferson Consulting Group company, is a woman-owned small business that helps federal agencies improve program and mission outcomes throughout the entire program life cycle – from defining effective requirements to assessing workforce capabilities and competencies to measuring accountability and performance. They are performance, management, and organizational experts with a thorough understanding of acquisition, human capital, federal management initiatives, and administration and agency priorities. To achieve results, they leverage the decades of their experienced personnel, thought leadership across the federal sector, and proven approaches from public and private sector engagements. Since its founding in 1996, Solutions has employed collaborative approaches with their clients to address agency challenges and improve performance.
Jefferson Solutions is seeking an experienced Social Science Research Analyst to work on research and evaluation activities. This position will support the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE)’s Division of Family Strengthening in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF).
OPRE conducts rigorous research and evaluation for improving child and family well-being. The Office studies ACF’s social services programs and the low-income and at-risk children and families they serve. Areas of focus include Head Start, welfare, employment and self-sufficiency, child abuse and neglect, childcare, responsible fatherhood and healthy marriage, maternal and infant home visiting, and youth services. OPRE includes approximately eighty-five staff, primarily research and evaluation specialists. The Office oversees a portfolio of approximately $200 million in grants and contracts.
The position will support federal staff and carry out responsibilities related to supporting research and evaluation activities related to human service programs. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist federal staff in the oversight of research contracts and grants from inception through completion of satisfactory reports and dissemination of results.
- Work with federal staff and existing grantees and contractors in identifying emerging issues and questions in need of new research, synthesis, or interpretation.
- Provide expertise to OPRE around data analysis and research methodologies.
- Coordinate collaborative efforts among grantees, contractors, other researchers in the field, and federal staff to promote sharing of research findings, methodologies, and measurement approaches.
- Monitor new and emerging research relevant to ACF programs and assist federal staff in coordinating the integration of research into current projects and future planning.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree with three or more years’ experience or Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Child and Family Studies, Human Development, Psychology, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Social Work or related field.
- Experience with research, program evaluation, and knowledge of policies and programs affecting children and families served by ACF programs.
- Expertise in research and policies related to one or more of the Division’s focus areas.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, across a wide variety of OPRE stakeholders.
- Strong statistical and methodological skills and experience with experimental impact evaluations in human services settings is highly desirable.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.