City Research Scientist II
Job Application Due Date: 06/30/23
Hiring Company/Organization: New York City Department of Social Services
About New York City Department of Social Services
The Office of Research and Policy Innovation (ORPI), a unit of the NYC Department of Social Services (DSS), provides the agency with rigorous research and program evaluation; strategic direction in the development and monitoring of collaborative research and evaluation efforts, grant proposals, and pilot programs; and robust information services.
Housed within ORPI, the Office of Evaluation and Research (OER) is recruiting a Research Scientist (City Research Scientist II) who will conduct program evaluations and policy and data research projects, including literature reviews, primary data collection, and administrative data analysis.
- Conduct program evaluations of pilot programs and other priority interventions across a wide range of DSS/HRA/DHS program areas—and using a wide range of methods. Evaluation designs include experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluations, mixed-methods implementation and outcome studies, and cost-benefit analyses.
- Implement policy and data research projects, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to address questions posed by program leadership and executive staff about agency operations and the needs and experiences of our clients, staff, and other target populations.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data in support of evaluation and research efforts, including drafting data collection instruments and consent processes and coordinating logistics for surveys, interviews, focus groups, and observations of client-staff interactions.
- Produce environmental scans and literature reviews, synthesizing existing research from the academic literature, research organizations.
- Present findings at internal and external meetings, including national research conferences.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.