Become a Member
Join for Free
Advancing Culturally-responsive and Equitable (ACE) Evaluation Network is committed to supporting and strengthening relationships; creating and increasing equitable opportunities for racially and ethnically diverse evaluators; and ensuring a membership base rooted in culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE). Among the Network’s many benefits, membership and all of the learning and networking opportunities hosted by the Network are free to Members!
Know Before You Apply
To qualify for Network membership you must:
→ Identify as an evaluator part of a racially and/or ethnically diverse group.
→ Reside within a United States (U.S.) state or territory, and/or a sovereign tribal nation that shares the same geography.
→ Have seven (7) or more years of paid evaluation experience, including work in a key/lead role (e.g., Principal Investigator, Project Director, Project Lead) on at least three (3) evaluation projects.
→ Have knowledge and experience in CREE.
→ Include with your application a high-quality, CREE-focused work sample.
Prepare in Advance
The Network application is estimated to take several hours to complete. Interested evaluators are encouraged to prepare the following information/materials prior to beginning the online application form:
- List of evaluation focus areas, skills, and populations.
- Current CV/resume (3 pages max.) that clearly describes your role(s), number of years serving as a key/lead evaluator, and relevant CREE experience, including at least three (3) evaluation projects for which you served in a key/lead role (e.g., Principal Investigator, Project Lead, etc.).
- One (1) to two (2) work sample(s) (e.g., evaluation report, publication) for which you are one of the lead authors and that exemplify your CREE practice.
- A single letter of recommendation from one (1) reference. Signed and dated letters of recommendation should be placed on official letterhead (if applicable), limited to 500 words, and attached to your online application. If references are unable to respond in written or spoken English, please contact email@example.com for further guidance. All references should be prepared to address the following points in support of your application:
- Fit for the Network;
- Familiarity with your evaluation experience, including years of practice, role(s), knowledge, and skills; and
- A description, including examples, of your CREE approach.
- Photo that clearly shows your face (optional; JPEG, GIF or PNG between 300px by 300px – 600px by 600px).
- Video resume (optional).
- A short (200-word max.) biography of yourself that demonstrates your experience in evaluation. Use key words that accurately highlight your unique expertise and that will help application reviewers, as well as future evaluation funders/partners, get to know your work. Highlight your knowledge of and experience with CREE. You are encouraged, but not required, to also share a brief cultural introduction of yourself in your biography. Cultural introductions often include details of your lived experience and how this experience shapes your practice.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Expanding the Bench: Advancing Culturally-responsive and Equitable Evaluation Network Member Application Guide (this guide will be made available in early 2022) prior to beginning work on your application online. This detailed guide includes helpful information about the application process, content, and scoring.
Start Your Application
The ACE Evaluation Network accepts applications online on a rolling basis and reviews them every six months. Applicants will be notified when their application is received, at which time Expanding the Bench® will share information on scoring and next steps. If you are unable to access and/or complete the application online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on how to submit it.
Still Have Questions? Visit the ACE Evaluation Network FAQ Page
Visit the ACE Evaluation Network’s FAQ page to see questions and responses regarding the Network and membership application. This page will be updated within five (5) business days of receiving any new/additional questions.