Take a Coffee Break
Connecting Funders and Evaluators 1:1
Through Expanding the Bench® (ETB) Coffee Breaks, Advancing Culturally-responsive and Equitable (ACE) Evaluation Network Members and Funders of Evaluation have the opportunity to virtually network and build relationships while focusing on the practice of culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE). The ETB Team matches each pair for a 1:1 chat based on focus areas and interests with support provided along the way!
Why do we host Coffee Breaks?
- To create and/or enhance relationships between Evaluators from the Advancing Culturally-responsive and Equitable (ACE) Evaluation Network and Funders.
- To demonstrate to ACE Evaluation Network Members that their interest in connecting with Funders and each other is being heard.
- To build a mutual understanding of how CREE is sought after and practiced.
- To improve and/or increase solicitation of ACE Evaluation Network Evaluators*
*NOTE: Coffee Breaks are intended to serve as a “get-to-know-you” opportunity, focused on networking and relationship-building. While these meetings may lead to direct conversation about work, proposals, and contracts, this is not an expected part of the conversation.
Read about successful Coffee Breaks here:
- Cultivating Commitment and Community Through ETB Coffee Breaks
- Last Sip: March 2021 Coffee Break Reflection
- Coffee Breaks: Why We Do What We Do
What’s the process?
Once you sign up for Coffee Breaks, a Team Member will contact you with more information, including a request to complete a short survey, which will help us match you with an Evaluator from the ACE Evaluation Network or a Funder by focus area and other preferences.
Depending on when you sign up, you will be introduced, by email to another participant during a Coffee Break month (listed below). The sign-ups for Coffee Breaks will be open year-round, so don’t forget to sign-up before a Coffee Break month to be introduced in time!