Become a LEEAD Scholar
Enhance Your CREE Practice
Leaders in Equitable Evaluation and Diversity (LEEAD) is an evaluation training program designed to develop a pathway for diverse leaders in culturally responsive and equitable evaluation (CREE) who will advance the field of evaluation.
Since the Program began in the fall of 2015, 62 Scholars have completed the LEEAD Program. Every LEEAD cohort is composed of Scholars from a variety of backgrounds, representing multiple interests, and each bringing unique perspectives creating a robust community. LEEADers are dedicated to moving the field of evaluation toward social justice through CREE.
Why Become a LEEAD Scholar?
For many Scholars, LEEAD has helped to create pathways to advancing in their careers, provided professional development, and increased visibility and opportunity for collaboration on evaluation projects. LEEAD Scholars are already adding to the diversity in the field of research and evaluation and improving the knowledge base to make for better science and social innovation.
Goals for LEEAD Scholars
- An online learning opportunity (approximately 6-8 hours/week) to learn about CREE from a practicing evaluator and teacher.
- One-on-one mentorship with an experienced professional who has an extensive background in evaluation, and can provide support, coaching, and connections into the field of evaluation and CREE.
- Practical experience to apply your new knowledge and skills at a Practicum Site that is interested in integrating a CREE approach into an existing evaluation project, while working closely with a Practicum Site liaison and/or project supervisor.
- Become part of a network of peers who are passionate about implementing CREE and advocating for a more diverse and inclusive research community.
- Participate in two in-person learning events with your peer cohort and the LEEAD mentors. Scholars are expected to contribute a total of $500 toward travel to attend the two in-person meetings — a kick-off meeting and a culmination event at AEA. If this contribution is prohibitive, we invite applicants to contact ETB via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for waiver with a short rationale.
The Cohort 5 LEEAD Scholar Application is Now Open!
The Cohort 5 LEEAD Scholar application is now open! Applications will close on April 14, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET.
The LEEAD Scholar application must be completed in one sitting. You will not be able to save your responses and return to work on your application at a later time. Applicants are encouraged to review the offline application below prior to beginning work on your application.
If for any reason you are unable to access and/or complete the application using Google Forms, please contact email@example.com for guidance on how to submit it by the deadline (April 14, 2023 at 11:59pm ET).